- Reviewing and commenting on the design of monitoring and management plans and the results of these activities;
- Monitoring and encouraging the integration of traditional knowledge of the nearby Aboriginal peoples into the mine’s environmental plans;
- Acting as an intervener in regulatory processes directly related to environmental matters involving the Snap Lake Project and its cumulative effects;
- Bringing concerns of the Aboriginal peoples and the general public to De Beers Canada Mining Inc. and government;
- Keeping Aboriginal peoples and the public informed about Agency activities and findings; and
- Writing an Annual Report with recommendations that require the response of De Beers Canada Mining Inc. and/or government.